Friday, December 14, 2012

Oh My Silindro!


Grilled foods ignite my appetite. I grew up with my father always preparing grilled fish such as "matambaka" ,"tulingan", grilled squid, and even grilled bat at some point. His legacy to me was I became fascinated playing around with barbecue marinade (since I am a meat-lover) that I already have my signature mix. I can talk about it in my future posts. In the mean time, I'll tell you about my guilty pleasure whenever I crave for grilled pork. With this kind of craving, one place is the default of my hungry tummy -- Faustina's, a quaint little food stop and my second favorite restaurant in Los Banos, featuring their Silindro Ribs. It IS my favorite grilled ribs in town.



Isn't it mouth-watering?



Silindro Ribs, needless to say (says my tummy), is to-die-for. It's a simple recipe of mouth-watering goodness of tender and well-marinated char-grilled pork rib served with barbecue sauce and "pinakurat" (a spicy vinegar that originated in Mindanao).

All the elements I look for in a grilled indulgence have a tick mark in Faustina's Silindro Ribs. The meat is marinated to perfection and amazingly tender. I want my pork well-done and they do it just the way I like it. The fatty part could be sinful but heck, I want my grilled ribs to be juicy. But if your doc (or gym instructor or dietician) tells you to avoid saturated fat, this plate with a rib from heaven is to avoid for because it can be dripping with fats.

For guaranteed enjoyment, what you would do is to first dip the adequately sliced portion in "pinakurat" for the spicy sour taste then another dip in the thick barbecue sauce to trap all the awesome flavor from the meat to the sauce. Once it reaches your mouth, your taste buds will be the happiest! You know that feeling when your childhood crush smiles back at you? This barbecue creation relives that! Your plate will also have buttered vegetables (carrots, green peas, and corn kernels) and rice. I usually request to not include rice since I will have my carb from the corn already and that's 10-peso less than its PhP 175.00 price. I recommend hot Japanese green tea for your beverage. You can ask the waiters to for a hot water refill once you finish your first cup. 

Five loud burps for Faustina's Silindro ribs!

2 comments:

rochiecuevas said...

Which one's your top fave resto in Los Banos?

"Kain tayo!" said...

Mio Cucina! first stop for the year? how about that?

Post a Comment